Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hello, my name is Autism.

"My Name is Autism"

By Omri Fiman/Marty Murphy





Hello. Allow me to introduce myself to you. My name is autism.

Perhaps you know me or know of me. I am a condition, a "disorder" that
affects many people. I strike at will, when and where I want. Unlike Downs Syndrome or other birth "defects", I leave no marks on those I strike. In fact, I pride myself on the ability to infiltrate a child's life, while leaving him or her strikingly handsome. Many people may not even know I am there. They blame the child for what I cause him or her to do. I am autism and I do as I please.

I am autism. I strike boys and girls. infants and toddlers. I find my
best victims to be boys around the age of 2, but any child will do. I like
children and they are always the true victims, though I take hostage the
others in the child's family as well. It is a bit like getting 2 for the
price of one. I affect one child and "infect" the entire family.

I am autism. I strike rich and poor alike. The rich combat me with
education and therapy. The poor shut their children away and cannot afford to fight me. I am able to win in the lives of poor children more than I am those of the wealthy, but I will try to take root anywhere.

I am autism. I am an equal opportunity disorder. I strike whites,
blacks, Mexicans, Ukrainians, Russians, Poles, Slavs, Japanese, Koreans and Fins. In fact, I strike everywhere on Earth. I know no geographical bounds. I am autism. I do not discriminate based upon religion either. I strike Jews and Christians, Muslims and Buddhists, Atheists and Agnostics.

I do not care what religion a person is or what beliefs he may hold. When I strike, there will be little time for any of that anyway. When they find
me, they will question everything they believe in, so why would I strike
only one group? I have affected followers of every religion on the planet.
I am autism and I am strong and getting stronger every year, every
month, every day, every minute and every second. I am concerned that money might be allotted to combat me and my takeover of children, but so far, I have little to fear. Some countries like Kuwait, are spending quite a bit of money to assist those who I have targeted and some, like the United States, would rather spend money on such ludicrous things as discovering the number of American Indians who practice Voodoo, as opposed to combating me. In an atmosphere such as that, I can flourish and wreck havoc at will.

In places such as that, I rub my hands with glee at the problems I can
cause to children, their families and to the society at large.

I am autism. When I come, I come to stay. I take the dreams and hopes
of families and trample them with delight. I see the fear and confusion in
the eyes of my victims and the see the formation of wrinkles, the worries
and pain on the face of their parents. I see the embarrassment their child
causes because of me and the parents unsuccessful attempt to hide their
child, and me. I see tears the parents cry and feel the tears of their
child. I am autism. I leave sorrow in my wake.

I am autism. I taketh away and give nothing but bewilderment and
loathing in return. I take speech and learning. I take socialization and
understanding. I take away "common sense" and, if I am allowed to flourish, I take away all but their physical life.

What I leave behind, is almost worse than death. I am autism. I fear nothing except courage, which I thankfully see little of. I fear those who take a stand against me and attempt to fight me and bring others into the fight as well. I fear those who try to make it safe and easier for my victims in the community, and their families. I fear those who push ahead, despite the fact that I am in tow. I fear the day I will be eradicated from the planet. Yet, I do not fear too much right now. There is no need. I am autism and I bet you know me or know of me. If you don't, you probably will soon. I am marching forward faster than I ever have before. I am looking for new children all the time. I am looking for new children to consume and new lives to destroy. I dread the day I will be looked upon
with pity or worse yet, understanding, for that day, is the day I will
begin to die.

But in the mean time I am safe, free to prowl onward. Free to cause the pain and suffering that I do so well. I am on a mission and have much work to do and thankfully no one is stopping me yet.

Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is autism. Perhaps you know of me, if not don't worry, you will meet me soon....

No comments: