Monday, May 2, 2011

Book Club

In an effort to try to be a well rounded blogger, I am trying to think of ideas for weekly features. One idea I had, is to post book reviews. Reading is such an awesome way to escape the pressures of raising a special needs child, or any child for that matter.

I recently picked up a book that was not exactly my type, but once I started it I couldn't put it down! Its called Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch. It is the story of a woman who has the picture perfect life. Successfull husband, healthy daughter, and a nice home. But she can't stop wondering....what if. What if she stayed with Jackson, her passionate ex boyfriend, instead of marrying predictable Henry.

Honestly, I can relate. Don't get me wrong, I would not change the path that led me to the life I have now, but don't ya ever...wonder?

Jillian does. And before she knows what is happening, she is back in her IKEA furnished apartment, with Jackson. Each decision she makes in her "new life" sets on a trajectory that mirriors neither her memories or her imagination.

Taken from the book cover:

Time of My Life is a fabulous, madcap read, but don't be fooled. Allision Scotch's narrator is wrestling with some tough issues: How do I find my place in the world? Can I become a wife and a mother without loosing myself? Would I have been happier if I had chosen another path?

I think these are questions that, if we are being honest with ourselves, we have all at least considered. Check out this story, and when you are done, let me know how you would answer the questions that Jillian asks herself in this book, and if your perspective has changed after reading...


http://www.amazon.com/Time-Life-Allison-Winn-Scotch/dp/0307408574

No comments: